27 March 2005

All things must come to an end. Tomorrow morning I'll leave my beloved Costa Rica and head home, I'll be in Reykjavik just before midnight on Tuesday. I don't really feel like leaving, but it will be good to come home, meet family and friends, go back to work and lead a normal, or relatively normal, life for a while.

On my first day at home measures will be taken to look human again, and maybe even slightly feminine. On the to-do list is to get a haircut and find other clothes, which are neither torn, bleached by the sun or wrinkled beyond repair. A trip to "my" swimming pool will be a part of the beautifying process as it works wonders on body and soul.

Then I'm going to have a hearty meal of flatbrauð, hangikjöt, kókómjólk, harðfiskur and smjör and pylsur. Accompanied with a mix of malt and appelsín, skyr for dessert. After which I will probably have a heart attack. And no, my dear co-workers, fiskibollur will not be on the menu.

In the afternoon I have a rendezvous with a foamy latte and gossip magazines at my cafè-cum-bookstore, though something tells me I will be drawn to the travel guide shelves once more, it's never too early to make plans for the next trip. Actually I have a loosely formed plan, so I better not do anything stupid such as fall in love or buy an apartment in the close future.

In the evening I will be found at another cafè, Ljóti andarunginn in Lækjargata, and I would love to get hugs and kisses and spend time with friends there over a cup of coffee or whatever you want in your cup.

So if you wanna be on my good list you know how to make me happy; just drop by on Wednesday evening :D

1 comment:

Linda Björk said...

jamm það er komið að því - fiskibollur dottnar útaf matseðli mínum líka ;)