30 October 2004

Winter is officially here - the remains of The Græna Pakkhúsið Crew moved to the Hostel today. It’s been a nice, long summer crammed with people and fun. And often cramped for space. All in all very good.

I’ve tackled shitload of stuff in the last few days. My frightingly long to-do list now has lots of neat little “checked” marks on it and I’m very pleased about myself. I even managed to go BOTH to Kringlan and Smáralind shopping malls without having to sit down and cry afterwards because of this utterly empty, bleak and boring world. Nope, I just finished everything I had to buy/organize/fix and went to meet people at a café in the evening. And then other people at a bar and other people at other bars... It’s great to live with three guys to go out with all the time but I will soon reach the point when I have to sleep. For more than 3 hours.

One of the things I’m working on is to find a travel insurance which doesn’t eat up my small hard-earned travel fund. And I’ve found out that it costs 20 times more to fly me home in a pretty white box than if I fly economy class. Let’s just hope it doesn’t come to that.

No comments: