I've fixed the guestbook so now you can post text there as well, also fixed links that didn't work and icelandicized the spelling where needed.
-----
I read an article in Buenos Aires Herald yesterday about maternal health. For lovers of statistics: in Africa every 16th woman dies during pregnancy or childbirth. WHO (World Health Organization) estimates the maternal mortality rate in the developed world as one in 2,800. The gap is very big. It's not merely a gap but a huge bloody crevasse.
On a personal note I'm more concerned about if I'll be able to have children when the time comes and I want to start a family, rather than if I'm risking my health and even life if I do so. But I'm one of the fortunate ones who was born in a country with a decent health care system.
The subject of World Health Day 2005 is maternal and child health, if you want to read more about it check out http://www.who.int/features/2004/great_expectations/en/
20 December 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hæ!
Fyrir mína hönd og foreldra minna þakka ég fyrir rafrænu jólakveðjuna frá þér. Við sendum þér óskir um gleðileg jól og farsælt komandi ár.
Því miður gátum við ekki opnað "kortið" en líkast til er það vegna skorts á viðeigandi forriti í heimilistölvunni.
Kveðja.
Keli
Hmm, thad hafa fleiri átt í somu vandraedum, thetta er nú bara wordskjal, skil ekki alveg. En kvedjan sagdi ca. gledileg jól - eins og thid hafid nú getad giskad á.
Post a Comment