11 January 2005

The timesettings on the last entry weren't right, have fixed that. Not that it really matters, I usually figure out it's a Sunday when shops are closed bot otherwise I'm not bothered by such trivialities.
-----

I nipped over to Brazil and Paraguay yesterday, no; not illegally and yes; without a visa. Tourists are permitted to zigzag accross the borders of the three countries (the two aforementioned and Argentina) near the Iguazu falls if on an organized tour. Which I was. Am not a big fan of those though, but it can be very useful to reach some places. And the falls are... no, my vocabulary wouldn't do them justice, not in any language I know.
-----

Am stuck in a middle-of-nowhere town in northeast Argentina. I'm on my way to Salta and had to take a bus to here last night and next bus to Salta is tonight. I had to choose between that or backtracking to Buenos Aires which takes way to long. The town is called Resistencia, a big name for a small town.

When I'm a wise old spinster and have a cozy cottage in the outskirts of a small nice city, where I live with my 3 cats, my dog, rabbits and goats I'll give it a fancy name like that. Although I can be stubborn as hell it's rather subtle, more of a "silent resistence". I'll have plenty of time in my spinsterhood to come up with a grand-if-corny name for my cottage. Then every once in a while I'll ask my friend Hulda-the-housesitter to watch my cottage and I'll take off and revisit my favourite places in the world. Sounds good.

I had written a long entry, about mostly nothing, when the electricity went off and now it's impossible to remember what I wrote. Can't have been very important then. And no wonder the electricity goes off during the siesta, it's 39ºC and the fans are on full blast. And what does the only tourist in town do? Goes to a museum and then idles the afternoon away in front of a computer. I thought of going to a swimming pool but abandoned the idea quickly since my skin would be sizzling in half an hour in the blazing sun and scalding heat. It's no joke to have freckled, sensitive skin.
-----

Ég sá að hún Birna prýðispenni hefur tekið upp þráðinn að nýju; birnagutt.blogspot.com. Er það af hinu góða. Ég sá líka að hún hefur minnst á pósthús í nýlegri færslu hjá sér. Tilviljun? Held ekki, pósthús erlendis eru á stundum eins og forgarður helvítis (á stundum/at times? Er sagt "á stundum"? Og já, ég veit að þetta eru ekki íslenskar gæsalappir. Bleh. Málfarsvitundin er fokin út í veður og vind. Fari það eins og fara vill).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Já það er ekki orðum ofaukið um pósthúsin, forgarður helvítis er undurfallegt og hittir beint í mark hjá prýðispennanum ;)