7 January 2005

Today I'm heading to Cataratas del Iguazú in the northwest, on the tri-border with Brazil and Paraguay. This is what is to see there:

iguacu-falls

And I had a great experience at a post office today, yes at a post office, are you as surprised as I am? 'Cause post offices tend to be the most tedious, irksome places. After waiting in the wrong queue for half an hour an older gentleman, a staffmember at Correos Argentina, was so helpful; helped me to fill out all the forms, to find a box of the right size and even winked at me and said that I wouldn't have to take it to the customs officicials, he would just tell them that nothing worth taxing was in the box (which is very true). And after explaining that I was not going to pay "otros países" price for my parcel because Iceland is in Europe, my parcel went to the nice pile of parcels "con barco a Europa". And the staff was very surprised and grateful when I gave them compliments for the great service and said they were not at all used to nice greetings from the customers. I guess I've just been very lucky.

So whilst the hills aren't excactly alive with the sound of music things are looking pretty good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To me Mark Darcy, aka Colin Firth, will always be Mr. Darcy of Pride and Prejudice #sigh#... But Bridget Jones 2 was a waste of time. I'm sure they copy pasted some of the scenes from BJ1 into no. 2 - the fight between Darcy and whatsisface for one. Hmmm. Just wanted to wish you a happy new year...
Agnes

harpa said...

vá! meira ævintýrið sem þú ert í stelpa. Kannski ég mæti bara? já, fer að leggja fyrir...

Ásta Kristín said...

By real Mr. Darcy I do of course mean Mr. Darcy of Pride and Prejudice. It doesn't get more real than that.

Fóa Lidda said...

Halló! Þóra Kristín heiti ég og er vinkona hennar Hörpu. Ég ferðaðist um Brasilíu í ágúst 2003 og fór þá m.a. til Foz de Igazu. Þetta er alveg geggjað - fallegasta sem ég hef á ævi minni séð. Gangi þér vel...