Today I've been wandering around the old city in Damascus, watching live go by. I had a very interesting conversation with a guy from Afghanistan in an Iranian mosque, in German, who explained how Islam split up into Sunni and Shi'ite (my German isn't very good though, but I understand quite a bit) and the history of the religion. We then moved on to politics, the Israel/Palestine confliction and how the West sees Islam - and how muslims think the West sees Islam. Interesting indeed.
My Arabic is still very poor, I only know a few words and the only thing I can write is the numbers, but I'm sure that in 2 weeks time I'll learn a bit more.
Merry Christmas
20 December 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hæ og takk fyrir síðast. vildi óska þér gleðilegra jóla og gæfuríks árs.Sjáumst vonandi á nýju ári og púkumst smá vííí þín Palla
Gleðileg jol, Ásta min!!
Gleðileg Jól Ásta Kristín mín, hafðu það sem allra best yfir hátíðina og njóttu þess til fingurgóma að ferðast um heiminn og fræðast um aðra menningarheima - þú ert mjög öfunduð ;)Ég mun skála í malt og appelsín fyrir þér í kvöld.
Jólaknús Ása Marin
Post a Comment