31 January 2005

I'm in a a tiny village by the sea. I was going to spend a few days here swimming and sunbathing. It's raining cats and dogs. There's no internet connection at my hostel.

So what to do?

I read
I sleep
I solve crossword puzzles
I practice my Spanish
I make travelplans for Brazil
I master my backgammon skills
I drink some mate
I study Portuguese
I rearrange everything in my backpack
I sleep some more
I buff my nails
I read the newspapaers
I drink some more mate

After a while I tell myself that it's enough to know the greetings and the numbers in Portuguese. For now at least. I can always use the gesture method and just point to what I need.

I don't write postcards and letters like I should do.

Actually I wouldn't mind another rainy day.

3 comments:

Linda Björk said...

ok hvað er mate??

Ásta Kristín said...

Thad er te, sterkt og biturt og hryllilega vont í fyrstu en venst vel. Thad er drukkid í ótaepilegu magni í Argentínu, Uruguay, Paraguay og sunnanverdri Brasilíu. Faerd ad smakka thegar ég kem heim :)

Linda Björk said...

ok takk fyrir upplýsingarnar :)

bý mig undir það að fara að drekka mate!