I have agreed to be an interpreter tomorrow between an English speaking Israeli and a Spanish speaking Uruguayan who are going to talk business. Now that should be interesting.
I have worked some more on my Portuguese and should now be able to tell the time and order at a restaurant in, admittedly poor, Portuguese. Understanding when I'm asked the time or if I'd like fries with that is another thing.
For people who are steadfast in not learning a word of the language spoken where they are travelling this could be useful;
I'll buy it the next time I go to Rwanda. Then I won't have to learn Kinyarwanda or French. Last time I got by with Kiswahili but I think I've lost it in the filing system, it doesn't seem to be there anymore.
Oh, and my darlings, a humble reminder; the guestbook is still looking kinda sad. You know if you don't sign karma is going to hunt you down, don't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment