I managed to climb Mt. Sinai in the dark, in order to be at the top at sunrise. The climb is not difficult except scrambling up the path, under a brand-new moon, with only the light from a head-torch is a bit tricky. The view was magnifiscent and the scenery on the route we took back was beautiful.
After a hearty breakfast, which we so deserved, we drove to Cairo (via a tunnel under the Suez canal) and here I am. Yesterday I saw the Pyramids, it felt surreal to be finally be there, and the Egyptian museum with mummies and stuff from Tutankhamuns tomb (i.e. stuff which is not at the British Museum or away on a temporary exhibition).
Tonight I'm taking the night-train to Aswan so I'll be celebrating the New Years on the train (who am I kidding, I'll be fast asleep, despite my fascination with trains I find it very hard to stay awake until midnight) and the next few days I'm going to explore Upper Egypt. And the 7th I'm going to Spain via The Czech Republic on an already confirmed flight. Sounds too good to be true.
So... happy new year!
31 December 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Gleðilegt nýtt ár, Ásta mín! :)
Gleðilegt nýtt ár mín kæra, það er ekki laust við að maður fyllist smá öfund yfir öllu því sem þú ert að upplifa þessa dagana. Góða skemmtun á áframhaldandi ferðalagi.
Kv Begga
Post a Comment